Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wicked!

I can't believe I passed up the chance to watch this musical! And to think I was given two chances to see it --once in Chicago and one while I was in the City of Angels. Argh! Talk about missed opportunities.
Thankfully, Carrie had some songs from the original soundtrack uploaded into my shuffle. I don't know if listening to it everyday is helpful. The songs are beautifully and wonderfully worded and the music is just phenomenal! Work of a genius, indeed! the more i listen to it, the more I regret not being able to watch it.

The story is also very interesting -- about two witches living in Oz during the pre-Dorothy days. How their lives have become intertwined. How they have risen about their differences and became good friends in the end. How both have dedicated their lives to eliminate corruption in Oz (pati pala sa land of the witches, mala Pilipinas ang problema)!

One of the songs I especially like it is "Defying Gravity". Part of the song goes:

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap
It's time to try Defying gravity
I think I'll try Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down...

How many times in our lives have we been told that we can't do it? That we are not cut out for the job? That we don't have what it takes?

I hope that when Anton grows up, he will learn to trust in his own judgment of himself. I hope that he will, as the song goes, learn to trust his instincts, close his eyes and leap..to try and defy gravity..and that no one can pull him down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home