Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday, an email from our company's events committee (yes, we have one at work) invited all mothers to submit a photo of them and their child/children in light of the mother's day celebration this weekend. I don't know if prizes will be given but I did submit a picture of mo cuishle and moi. This: Pic was taken when Anton was only about 2 months old. The caption I used for this picture in our photobucket album was something along the lines of "First Dance with Anton".

Looking at it now, I realize how much has changed since that photo was taken. Physically, anton is bigger. Taller. And can now walk and balance himself with ease. Mentally, he can mimick gestures and can identify body parts, animals and toys. Although not yet able to speak, he can communicate fairly well with those around him -- he can tell us when he wants to drink water, when he wants to play, where he wants to go and what he wants to eat. Emotionally, he is more malambing and expressive. Now 16 months old, he has found a way to melt mommy's heart (and stern look) by one smile and one real tight hug. Ate Roselyn recently bought him a shirt that says "Loved by All, Spoiled by Mom". With such a lambing son, who can blame me for spoiling him at all????

As for the changes in my life, I have definitely adjusted to the demands and rewards of being a mom. The past year has been a wake-up call for me -- I never realized how demanding being a mom can be. And i do not just mean financially or physically. That is already a given. But the emotional rollercoaster of motherhood is really something beyond what I expected. And I expected a lot.

Whenever Anton got sick (thank God we have only few experiences on this) or cranky or just plain uncomfortable, I worry. His pain has become my pain. His discomfort is my discomfort as well. His fears are mine too. My life has become so intertwined with his that I cannot imagine how it is without him.

So Anton, I celebrate motherhood because of you. And because of my experience with you, I learned how to better appreciate my mom and all that she has done, endured, and sacrificed for me.

Happy Mother's Day to the unsung heroes of our lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

happy mother's day, tins!
im so proud of you!

btw, ive moved back to blogspot.

http://pinayinsg.blogspot.com

and check out my mother's day entry, may cameo role kayo ni anton dun ahahah!

May 12, 2008 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Random Thoughts said...

Hi chie,

Yep yep, I saw your multiply blog! I always check your blogs. As i said, it is my way of finding out how life has been treating you.

Thanks for remembering me on this special day for mothers. Happy mom's day to cha and tita tita (i just love the repitition)!

May 12, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home