Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sweet reunion

I am finally home! Well, technically speaking, it has been 5 days since I arrived from the US but I am still reeling from jetlag. I didn’t realize it was going to be this bad! But then again, this jetlag is a small price to pay for my US experience. Despite my initial apprehensions about the trip, I did have fun.

I’ve always believed that the best part about traveling is coming home. And of all the travels I’ve made (mostly domestic but they are travels nonetheless), this one is especially poignant. After a two-week separation from my little boy, I finally got to hold him. But the reunion wasn’t instantaneous. For a good 5 minutes, he didn’t want to go to Mommy. He was eyeing me curiously. I could only guess what he was thinking but I am sure it was something along the lines of “What took you so long, Mommy?”

Thankfully, I had with me a little school bus that I bought from Chicago. I used that and a Mickey paper bag to entice the little one. The trick worked! He smiled at me and finally, finally allowed me to hold him. Ooohh! I can’t begin to describe how soothing this was to me. I absolutely craved for Anton and his little smile the whole time I was in the US.

With Anton in my arms, I can say that I am really home. And back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home