Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Warrior is a child

My usual caveat: I am not a religious person but I am deeply spiritual. I sometimes miss Church service but I still manage to commune with my God.

Every once in a while, I come across a deeply moving song about faith and I just realized that most of songs I love come from one man: Gary V. I love his rendition of Christian songs more than pop ballads -- if that is even possible. I don't know how he does it but I guess his profound faith in The One enables him to capture all the emotions of such songs. Anyways, one of the most touching songs I have heard from him is called "The Warrior is A Child". Without fail, the lyrics of the song inspire, soothe and move me each time I hear it.

I am sharing the lyrics with you here:

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing I'm strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
(Look up for His smile)'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His arrow is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazingbI never face retreat, oh no
But they don't see the enemies That lay me at His feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home