Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The City of Angels!

Greetings from Los Angeles!

I am now on the second leg of my US tour (naks, parang rock star!) and have been enjoying LA for the past 4 days. Arrived here last Saturday with Carrie and Rese and was welcomed warmly by relatives whom I haven't seen in years! I can't begin to describe how nice it was to finally see Kuya and Ate Maylyn after 5 years! Aside from gaining a few (ok, sige, a LOT) of pounds, di pa din nagbabago si Kuya. Makulit pa din and super kuya ang asta. I was just telling Carrie how I always feel 10 years younger when I am with him. Parang he always worries for me. Hay naku, he is sooo like my dad who will always look at me as that little girl who is in constant need of guidance. No complaints, though. I like being pampered and for a few more days, I get to bask in the attention of my overzealous of a brother. I just worry about him. Baka atakihin sa puso sa kakaisip kung san ako pupunta dito at kung sino makakasama ko hahahaha.

Honestly, I didn't know how much I missed that until I got here. Sarap talaga ng may Kuya. But don't tell him I said so. I will never hear the end of it.

Anyways, about LA. So far, Carrie and I have been to Hollywood and the Walk of Fame. Nice!! We had our pics taken on the footprints and handprints of (get this!!!) George Clooney and Matt Damon!! Wooohooo! Handprint pa lang kinikilig na ko, pano pa kaya if I see them in person???

Sunday was spent with Ninang Nancy and family while Carrie spent the day with her friend. They went to Getty and the beach. Inggit! Pero ok lang, at the end of the day, Ninang Nancy treated us to a Japanese buffet at Todai. Sarap! Although, according to Bam, mas masarap pa din ang Saisaki sa pinas. That, coming from an American citizen. Iba talaga ang Pinas!

Yesterday, we toured Beverly Hills! We walked along Rodeo Drive. Carrie tried on Jimmy Choo shoes which cost just as much as our entire allowance for our Chicago trip. Grabe! Sa sobrang init (can you believe how hot it is in LA?? It hit 96F yesterday!!), we tried Jamba Juice --supposedly the fave drink of Britney Spears-- and spent about $4 for a 16 ounce cup. Ok naman, masarap pero as useless, di ko naubos. It was just too much to take in, literally and figuratively.

Then we went to the Grove and Century City. Wala lang, ikot ikot lang. This trip has been such fun. Although, i seriously miss my little boy and my family back home. I realized that despite all the comforts and luxury I experienced on this part of the world, I still miss home and can't wait to go home to mo cuishle. I miss him sooo much. And I can't wait to tell him how much his relatives (Nongnong, Ninang Nicole and Maylyn, Lolo Bob, Lola Peachie, Lolo Peps) would love to see him here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

omg! i can just imagine Dennis playing his role as your forever alaskador-and-usually-kontrabidang Kuya. But just like you, love ko rin sha. I think he's one of the most intelligent people I know. If I were to have a son, I think I want him to be like Dennis. (Pls dont tell him that baka yumabang hehe)

May 1, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home