Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And we're off to the US!

Barely 2 days after getting our Visas, we were told that we are REALLY going to Chicago. Talk about planning a trip on short notice!
Ok, just a quick update on our team's US trip:

1. Tickets has been booked (finally!) last night. We are taking the Manila-HK-LA-Chicago and back route. Roughly about 16 hours of flying. Yes, it's more than half a freaking day up in the air but hey, what can you do right?

2. Hotel has been booked. In Chicago, we will be staying at the Swissotel -- about 3 or 4 blocks from the office.

3. Travel insurance form completed and submitted to our admin.

4. Shopping for travel essentials partly done. Packing them, well, that's another challenge. I will get to that on Friday.

So. We are leaving Manila on April 19 at 6:30am and then arrive in HK around 830am. We are expected to arrive in Chicago on April 19 somewhere between 8 and 830pm. Whew. It will be a really long flight. I am just sooo glad Carrie and Rese will be travelling with me. I will not want for intelligent conversation. Hehehe.

Ok. So, once in Chicago, the team has decided to make the most of the following Sunday to do some serious sight-seeing (ooohhh, Badj will love the alliteration on that sentence!) before plunging into work on Monday, the 21st. For five days, we will be immersed in finding ways to communicate the Firm's new brand messages and ofcourse, in coming up with new materials for the global practice groups. But, I don't want to go into that. It's boring stuff really except for the part when I get to see my cousin, Patrick. I hope we can do some catching up while I'm there.

What I am really looking forward too is the trip to LA!

Yey! After 5 long years (has it been really five??), I will get to see my brother and my sister in law! Yahoo! I have about a week to spend with them as well as other relatives in LA whom I miss dearly as well. This being my first time to travel in the US, I will savor the sights, the sounds and the taste of America. Wow, first world! Can you imagine that? I will be escaping the scorching heat of summer in Manila for two weeks!

I know there is so much to look forward to but I still can't help but feel a little anxious about leaving the little boy. I know he will be in very good hands and will not want for love and attention while I am away. Still. This will be the longest time ever I have spent apart from Anton. I will miss his little body sleeping warmly and peacefully beside mine. Those cute little thumbsucking sound. Argh. I have to stop. Otherwise, I won't have the nerve to make that trip to the airport!

Ok. Keeping my eyes on the ball now. And the opportunity that lies ahead. Oooh. And most especially the experience of being in another country for a couple of days. Definitely worth looking forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home