Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thoughts

Much has been said about the demands of motherhood and how it is especially difficult to juggle all these, especially if you are a working mom like me. Most days, I have learned to set it aside as something I have to live with. But over the weekend, it has once again been brought to the fore. I won't go into the details of what transpired at home. Suffice to say it made me stop and wonder, do people really understand what working parents go through?

Being away from your baby is not a sign of an irresponsible parent. yeah, sure, there are parents who abandon their kids at the first offer of a gimmick but for fairness sake, let's make a demarcation line between parents who shamelessly go out on social calls and parents who are sacrificing their precious weekend just to earn extra bucks.

If practicality were set aside for one moment, I am sure many of my kind would walk out of their respective offices and decide to spend the rest of their days with their babies. I would. I absolutely wish there were more hours in the day where I could be with Anton and play with him and let him know that Mommy is watching over him. I wish weekends were longer and work days much shorter.

Every time my husband regales me with stories of Anton's newest tricks, I feel guilty and sad that I wasn't there to witness it. It is nothing short of a heartbreak, really.

I just hope someday Anton will realize that it's not about how much time you have with someone, it's how you spend it together.

I have nothing against people who see things differently. I just hope you could cut us some slack every now and then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

why, what happened Tins? :(

July 11, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home