Friday, February 1, 2008

Knowing His words

I have been attending bible study sessions at our office for quite some time now and have so far, been enjoying it. Not only have I learned new things --I have also gained new friends along the way. I also consider it a blessing that for the past few months, I have taken my understanding of His words to a deeper level. And while I know I still have a long way to go, it really is nice to feel that there is that one hour each week where we can just stop working and focus on Him, our Creator.


Time and time again I have said that while I am not a religious person, I still am very spiritual. I may not be the type to follow Church rules blindly but I still strive to live a moral life. I consider myself lucky that although I was born and raised in a strictly Catholic environment --first at home and then at an exclusive girls school in Manila-- my parents and teachers in St. Scho have taught me the importance of respecting other beliefs/dogma as much as they respect mine.

Thus I find it sad and oftentimes frustrating when I hear that a war has been waged because of religious/spiritual differences. I ask myself, why is not possible to live in a world where differences are respected and not frowned upon? Why can't we bask in our diverse backgrounds and learn to complement one another's belief?


I will not claim to be an expert on His Words but I know in my heart --my faith tells me--that God does not want this. It is not part of his Grand Plan for us, His Children. I think the challenge really is to rise above our differences, respect one another and simply just get along. So it is with religion and so should it be with life and relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home